RUFFLES® 4-PT RIDGE TOURNAMENT (“CONTEST”) OFFICIAL RULES
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
NO PURCHASE OF SPONSOR’S PRODUCT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF SPONSOR’S PRODUCT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) U.S. states and the District of Columbia, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of participation, own or have access to NBA 2K22 (“2K”) game, own or have access to PLAYSTATION® 5 or XBOX SERIES X|S®, and have internet connection (while broadband internet access is not required, it is recommended). Those who are under the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must obtain consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter and the latter may be required to execute additional documentation by and on behalf of their minor child. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, 2K Games, Inc., Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., prize providers, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”) and the NBA member teams (collectively, the “NBA Entities”) including its affiliates and agents, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest).
A NBA 2K Account is required to participate in the Contest. If you do not have a NBA 2K Account, you may sign up for free by visiting https://www.nba2k.com/ and following the online instructions. A valid email address is required to sign up for a NBA 2K Account. Failure to provide a valid email address will result in the forfeiture of any potential prize. Note: Each winner will be notified via the email address for their active NBA 2K Account.
By participating in this contest, participants grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, 2K avatar, statements, and biographical information, by Sponsor and/or Promotion Parties at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation or consideration, except for residents of Tennessee or where prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST TIMING: The Contest consists of four (4) separate RUFFLES® 4-PT RIDGE TOURNAMENT games via 2K (each an “Event”) as outlined in the table below. The Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. EVENT TIMES MAY CHANGE AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
3. TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST: You must own or have access to 2Kgame; must own or have access to PLAYSTATION® 5 or XBOX SERIES X|S®; and have internet connection (while broadband internet access is not required, it is recommended). You must sign in with your NBA 2K Account or create one if you do not have one. Registration includes adding a Gamer ID to the user’s account. After you have signed in to your NBA 2K Account, play one (1) or all of the Events within the 2KVideo Game. If your cumulative score is one of the top ten (10) cumulative scores at the conclusion of a particular Event, your 2KGamer ID will be publicly displayed on the leaderboard and you are eligible to receive a prize (subject to verification); see Section 4. Leaderboards will be publicly displayed during each Event and up to thirty (30) minutes after the conclusion of the Events. Additionally, if your cumulative score is one of the top ten (10) cumulative scores for the overall RUFFLES® 4-PT RIDGE TOURNAMENT, your 2KGamer ID will be publicly displayed on a second leaderboard (for the overall RUFFLES® 4-PT RIDGE TOURNAMENT) and shall remain there until you are no longer one of the top ten (10) scores for the overall RUFFLES® Tournament. The overall RUFFLES® 4-PT RIDGE TOURNAMENT leaderboard will be updated at the end of each Event. Sponsor’s record of each participant’s score will be the official determination of a participant’s score at any given time throughout the Contest.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION: Potential winners in the Contest shall be determined as follows:
Grand Prize winner (1): The participant with the highest cumulative score for all four (4) Events combined, shall be deemed the “Grand Prize Winner”. The Grand Prize Winner shall be determined at the conclusion of the fourth Event based on their total cumulative score for all Events played combined. It is not a requirement to participate in all four (4) Events.
First Place Prize winners (12): The three (3) participants with the highest cumulative scores for a particular Event (those participants ranking in the top three (3) places in each Event) shall be deemed “First Place Prize Winners”, for a total of twelve (12) First Place Prize Winners; three (3) per Event.
Second Place Prize winners (20): The five (5) participants ranking 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place in an Event shall be deemed “Second Place Prize Winners”, for a total of twenty (20) Second Place Prize Winners; five (5) per Event.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prize (1): One (1) trip for Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”)* and one (1) guest to Cleveland, Ohio for the 2022 NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND. Travel dates: February 18, 2022 to February 21, 2022. Trip includes roundtrip coach-class air transportation (from a major airport nearest the Winner’s home) for Winner and his/her guest (if Winner lives within 250 miles of Cleveland, Ohio, ground transportation may be provided instead of air transportation); one (1) standard double-occupancy hotel room for three (3) nights; and two (2) tickets to the 2022 NBA All-Star Game (“Game”). Winner, only, will also receive one (1) $1,000.00 American Express gift card (subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): 5,155.00. Actual value depends on city/date/time of departure.
Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
*If Winner is under the age of 18 (19 in AL/NE), then the Grand Prize will be awarded to the Winner’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for completing any requested documents, will be issued an IRS form 1099 for the value of the prize and will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on Prizes.
Applicable to Grand Prize: Game tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by the NBA. Game/travel subject to availability and change. Selection of airline and hotel are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide a credit card prior to check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of the accommodations. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize-related activities (including, but not limited to airline flights and the Game) beyond its control. All travel is subject to availability, change, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation terminal (or other types of transportation) restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not liable for any missed events or opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay or in the event winner and/or a guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor or due to Force Majeure). Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license or passport) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. If a guest is under the age of 18 (19 in AL/NE), he/she must be traveling with his/her parent who must be the Grand Prize Winner. The guest (or his/her legal guardian or parent if guest is a minor) must complete and return a Liability/Travel Release prior to prize-award date. If winner cannot travel on dates specified, prize may be forfeited. Ground transportation, meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein as part of the prize are solely winner’s responsibility. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting).
If Sponsor so elects, winner and his/her guest may be required to submit to a confidential background check to help ensure that the winner and his/her guest will not pose a safety threat or, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the winner based on the results of his/her background check. If requested, the winner and winner’s guest agree to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information.
Winner and guest must abide by all venue policies. Sponsor and/or venue operator reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from winner and/or any guest who it and/or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, to have violated any venue policy or law, and/or may bring Sponsor and/or venue operator into disrepute.
First Prize (12 total; 3 per Event): An NBA Wilson® basketball signed by a current NBA Superstar, exclusive in-game gear for your NBA 2K22 avatar* and a $100 NBAStore.com Gift Card. 1st Place Winners will also receive the 2nd place prize. ARV of each First Prize: $175.00.
*REQUIRES NBA 2K22 (sold separately) ON PLAYSTATION® 5 or XBOX SERIES X|S® TO REDEEM.
Second Prize (32 total; 8 per Event): Exclusive in-game gear for your NBA 2K22 avatar. ARV: There is no dollar value placed on this prize, as this is gear given away digitally within the game.
A winner must accept all prizes as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Total value of all prizes is $7,255.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winners will be notified by email with prize claim instructions. Prizes must be claimed within seven (7) calendar days of prize notification or prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be verified or is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the applicable prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winners (or winner's parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor in the state of his/her residence) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, except for residents of Tennessee or where prohibited, Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. Sponsor is neither responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving an initial prize notification nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address, phone number or mailing address. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner does not respond as indicated above within any stated required time frame, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes will be shipped within eight (8) weeks of winner verification.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, the Promotion Parties, the NBA Entities, 2K Games, Inc., Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/Contest agencies, representatives, and agents (“Released Parties”) resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, including game play, the submission of a Bag Code, the announcement of the prizes or these Official Rules or in any Contest-related materials. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer or Web-enabled device resulting from participation in the Contest. In the event of an identity dispute of a participant, the game play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the NBA 2K Account used for participation. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF RELEASED PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, participants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if participants are minors) agree (a) to release Sponsor, the Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Contest; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, recipients (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if recipients are minors) (a) agree that the Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, including travel thereto. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in any force majeure event that any portion of the Contest (including any prize) is canceled due to pandemics or epidemics, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis including quarantine measures of any government authority or other restrictions, weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, government restrictions, pandemic or epidemic or any other condition beyond their control.
9. POINTS DISCLAIMER: Points earned in an Event may not be combined with any other points, credits, etc. from different registrants or promotions for any purpose. Sponsor reserves the right to invalidate Points if it determined that such points were improperly credited, obtained fraudulently or in violation of these Official Rules. Points do not constitute property, do not entitle you to a vested right or interest, and have no cash value. As such, Points are not redeemable for cash and are not saleable, transferable or assignable for any reason. Points earned may not be sold, traded, bartered, auctioned, or given away.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. No transfer of any prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to (a) cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, and (b) disqualify any individual who is responsible for such action. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligible game plays (as applicable) received up to time of such action in a manner as determined by an independent judging agency. This Contest is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin County, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the major prize winners (whose prize value is $25 or more) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 15, 2022 to: RUFFLES® 4-PT RIDGE TOURNAMENT List, 2901 Blake St, Suite 180 Denver, CO 80205.
13. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2021 Frito-Lay North America, Inc. All snack-related trademarks are owned by Frito-Lay North America, Inc.
The NBA and NBA member team identifications are the intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams. © 2021 NBA Properties, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Officially licensed product of the National Basketball Players Association. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. The National Basketball Association and its member teams and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, representatives, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. The NBA and 2K Entities have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way.
© 2005-2021 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. and its subsidiaries. 2K, the 2K logo, and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.